5.9.07

Summer Exchange for Helen


Helen has received the summer exchange I stitched for her and I was so happy to read that she likes it :) Helen loves heart shapes, so I decided to use a heart shaped altoid tin I received from a stitching friend.

I chose a design from Le Marquoir, it's the magazine of France Point de Croix, which is the French Cross Stitch Association. It's designed by Catherine Le Hénaff and I thought it's so summerlike. I stitched the design over one with DMC threads, on 30 count linen. The photos at Helen's blog are much more beautiful than mine, she takes wonderful photos :)

*****

Helen a recu cet échange d'été et elle l'aime bien :) Elle aime les coeurs, donc j'ai utilisé un bôite forme coeur. J'ai recu cette bôite l'année dernière si je ne me suis pas trompé... Une amie brodeuse me l'a envoyé des États-Unis.

J'ai choisi un modèle publié au Marquoir (Catherine Le Hénaff), je pense que c'est tellement estival! Je l'ai brodé en un fil sur un fil avec les fils DMC. Helen a les photos magnifiques sur son blog, elle est vraiment une photographe :)

*****

Kesävaihto (Seasonal Exchangers) on mennyt perille Englantiin! Helen sanoi kovasti tykkäävänsä tästä, että kiva juttu :) Helen pitää erityisesti sydämistä, niinpä päätin käyttää tähän vaihtoon sydämenmuotoisen peltirasian, jonka sain kerran ristipistoystävältä USA:sta.

Mallin on suunnitellut Catherine Le Hénaff ja se on julkaistu Le Marquoir -lehdessä, joka on Ranskan ristipistoyhdistyksen jäsenlehti. Tuo oli minusta niin, niin kesäinen malli, ihastuin kovasti. Pistelin kukat 30 count pellavalle yhden langan yli, DMC:n langoilla. Helenin blogissa on paljon kauniimpia kuvia kuin nämä minun ottamani, hän ottaa ihania kuvia!

16 comments:

Ulla said...

Ihana! Malli on kyllä tosi kesäinen.

♥ Sari ♥ said...

Aivan ihana! Sä voisit pitää meille Oupsilaisille joskus sellaisen opetus-viimeistely-iltaman. :)

Anonymous said...

Ompas se nätti! Sopisi niin ystävänpäiväksikin.

Anonymous said...

Wow that's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Onpas kaunis rasia. Siis mistä ihmeestä sinä aina keksitkin näin ihania viimeistelyideoita...

Stephanie said...

What an amazing tin you have stitched Leena!! It's gorgeous, I'm sure Helen is very pleased with it :)

lena-lou said...

Hello Leena :) I LOVE the tin you have created for me and I must tell everyone again how perfectly neat your 1/1 stitching is and what a beautiful finisher you are!! You really have talent.

Thank-you for the exchange and your compliment of my photos...I like your photos of the tin too :))

staci said...

Very pretty tin--I love the cheery colors!!!

Heather said...

Wow Leena, that is just beautiful :D I love your work, you are amazing!

BeckySC said...

Leena, you do such lovely work :) Just gorgeous :)

Carla said...

Beautiful work! Love that heart shaped tin.

Cheryl said...

You did a great job with this tin for Helen! Its gorgeous!

Julie said...

Of course Helen would be happy with this! It's beautiful work, finsihed perfectly. I've been keeping my eyes open for tins, but have yet to find any that aren't itty bitt. I'm sure I will when its meant to be. I followed the link to Helen's blog and will have to visit her again.

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous exchange!

Anita said...

wow another great heart finish. I just love the way you finish your heart projects. They are just perfect.

Von said...

Leena, this is a stunning project for Helen! Your stitching and finishing are impeccable. :D